Saturday, September 21, 2013

Carla's Project

While I was in Brisbane, Carla decided to start giving her furniture a bit of a facelift. It was looking dark and heavy and tired, and she's young and pretty and vibrant, so it just made sense. We decided to start with a big piece - her dining table. Here's Kai helping out with the sanding - he did a great job!

She has a gorgeous new dinner set which is where we chose her colours from, and look how fantastic it turned out!

We gave it two coats of the turquoise/green colour, and then two coats of antique white and distressed it along the edges. It's just so fresh and pretty.

I can't wait to see what she does next!

3 comments:

  1. missing your posts............I knew things are not good there either...........been thinking of you............hang in there...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked
    on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now
    on every time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the exact same comment.
    There has to be a way you can remove me from that service?
    Cheers!

    Feel free to surf to my weblog cleaning company matters

    ReplyDelete